Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten
















Sully's first day of school was yesterday, and he loved it! Michael and I both went to drop him off. They had all the kids sitting in the auditorium. My eyes teared up a little when I told him bye...Michael wanted to stick around for a while until they took the kids to their classes, but I told him that if I stayed, I probably wouldn't be able to keep my tears in check!! So, we went ahead and left. The day went by surprisingly fast after going to the Y and nap time. I had a harder time not crying when I picked him up that afternoon than I did when we dropped him off that morning....guess I was happy to see him! After he told me about his day, I had him call Michael to tell him. When Michael answered the phone, Sully said,"School was great, Daddy!!" I still can't believe that Sully is old enough to be going to school!! He has been begging to ride the school bus....I have been so hesitant about it. I just thought that since I am home during the day and we live RIGHT NEXT to the school, I would just drop him off and pick him up. But, our little neighbor girl rides the bus, so I know she would help make sure he gets to his class and make sure he gets off at the right stop in the afternoons....so I guess starting next week I'm going to loosen the reins a little more and let him ride the bus....we'll see how it goes!

0 comments: